Graphic Designer - Alliance Française French Film Festival 2019
The Alliance Française currently has an exciting opportunity for a graphic designer to join our small and dynamic team for
approximately 4 months.
Type of employment: Full time, contract work
Starting date: November 2018
Duration: Approx. 4 months
Area: Sydney CBD, Australia
The Alliance Française de Sydney is the leading French language school in Sydney, providing all levels of French for complete
beginners to advanced, and offering a wide range of cultural events to its members, including the annual Alliance Française French
Film Festival. The Festival is the main French cultural event in Australia and is jointly organised by the Alliances Françaises of
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide and Perth with the support of the French Embassy in Australia. The 2018 season of the
Alliance Française French Film Festival has emerged as the most successful in the Festival’s proud 29-year history, with
184,000+ cinema seats filled.
The graphic designer will be in charge of the roll out of all collateral for Alliance Française French Film Festival 2019, using the
artwork provided for the edition.
The lists of duties that will be expected to be executed in the 4 months are:
Design all marketing material for the festival: posters, programmes, invitations, opening night invitations, special events invitations,
closing night invitations complimentary passes, envelope, flyers, advertising campaigns, digital material incl. newsletters, website
templates, other material incl. gift bags, t-shirts, street banners, cinema still images for all participating cities.
online and electronic material on the basis on the 2019 national poster artwork
- Assist the webmaster in charge of the Festival’s website
- Assist with proofreading where needed
Liaise with Festival Manager and Festival Coordinator throughout the project and with some festival stakeholders in other cities to adapt
some promotional material to their needs
- Liaise with Festival printing company where needed
- Design the 2019 Festival report & 2020 Festival Sponsorship kit
- Other graphic design duties related to the Festival.
the Festival team in delivering an outstanding Festival to the audience
The successful applicant
- Advanced skills in design softwares (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Creative and proactive in helping the festival team to deliver the best results (input in the choice of format of some print material will
- Good general computing knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to details
- Reliable and organised
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure, on deadlines, and with a printing company
- Passion for films, cinema and arts preferred
- Previous experience in working for a cultural event/film festival highly regarded
· You should be aware that you need a visa to work in Australia
Please send a resume, cover letter and a portfolio in English to email@example.com
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.