HEAD OF EDUCATION - AF MELBOURNE
The Alliance Francaise de Melbourne is looking for a Head of Education.
Type of employment: Full time
Area: Melbourne, Australia
Applications Close: November 22, 2017
The Alliance française de Melbourne (AFM) is an Australian not-for-profit organisation and part of a world-wide network dedicated to the promotion of French language and Culture. It is the largest language school for French in Victoria with hundreds of students enrolling each term. Our teaching department employs over 20 qualified native French-speaking teachers and we offer a vast range of courses for all levels and for all ages from 3 years old across 2 sites. In addition, we are the only Victorian examination centre accredited to conduct all the diplomas issued by the French Ministry of Education.
The Head of Education is responsible for the:
• Planning, organisation and promotion of courses
• Recruitment and management of teaching staff
• Quality of services offered to students
• Development of resources, equipment and teacher training
• Communication between the AFM and business stakeholders, partners and Board of Directors
The Applicants Will Possess:
• Fluent French and English both spoken and written 2
• A degree qualification in a relevant discipline (Teaching and/or Management)
• Proven experience in teaching French (preferably FLE) and a sound knowledge of the European Curriculum Framework (CECRL)
• Proven experience in staff and project management
• Proven customer service skills including the ability to pro-actively resolve issues and increase customer satisfaction
• A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
• The ability to work with children, teenagers and adults
• The ability to be a strong leader – academically, socially and emotionally
Salary for this role is up to $66,400 (gross) per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
There will be an obligatory trial period of 6 months.
Requirements and job application procedures-
All applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia without restriction and must have a valid Working with Children Check.
The AFM is committed to Child Protection and to the implementation of Child-safe policies and practices.
If you wish to obtain a full job description (French/English) or to apply for either vacancy, please contact http://email@example.com
Applicants should include a cover letter and their resume including, if possible 2 character and professional references.